In my typical fashion, I have neglected this blog and so I’ve had a few announcement pile up since my last post.
- The contract has been signed so I can officially announce that my story “Heavy Lifting” will be published in Uncanny Magazine‘s special issue of Disabled People Destroy Science Fiction! It’s scheduled to come out in the September/October issue.
- I also had a story accepted by Fireside Magazine! This is my first story to appear in this magazine and I’m so thrilled. Not sure when it’s scheduled to be published yet, but I will update the blog when I know.
- Lastly, my story “And Yet” published by Uncanny Magazine back in March has been translated into Chinese by Science Fiction World. This is my first translation and I’m told this is one of the most read science fiction magazines in the world!
- Clarion West – the workshop I was fortunate enough to attend last year – is running its annual writing challenge to support current and future students. I’ve signed up and am looking for sponsors. If you’d like to read about my goals and the rewards I’m offering sponsors, here’s the information.
- And if we hit our sponsorship goal, my class is doing a joint project with the prompt “Mars is Burning”.
- Woman Up to No Good is an anthology project that has a current for funding. It’ll have my story “Five Meters Ahead, Two Centuries Away”. Check it out here.
This is just to say I will be at the conference this year. Feel free to come say hi!
And that’s it! Until next time, lovely readers.